- Narrated by: Rebecca Gibel
- Length: 5 hrs and 38 mins
- Release date: 04-18-23
Work It Out By Sarah Kurchak AudioBook Summary
An encouraging fitness book that meets you where you are—even if you’re lying on the floor
Exercise is the most reliable way to improve mental health. But if you’re depressed, anxious, burned out, or struggling, it may feel impossible to get started, get serious, or even get up.
Written by an autistic personal trainer, Work It Out busts myths about fitness while providing clear, actionable advice on how to
- incorporate exercise into your daily life;
- build an adjustable workout plan for both good and bad mental health days;
- shake off the messages that say you’re never doing enough;
- set up a workout log that motivates you in exactly the way you need;
- celebrate all your achievements, including getting out of bed; and
- get a little exercise in bed, if that’s where you are today
Frank, funny, and sympathetic, Work It Out offers realistic tips, encouragement, and dozens of activity ideas for times when exercise is the only thing that will help—and the last thing you want to do.