Walk and Talk Therapy By Jennifer Udler LCSW-C
- Narrated by: Faith Connor
- Length: 6 hrs and 48 mins
- Release date: 12-12-23
Walk and Talk Therapy By Jennifer Udler LCSW-C AudioBook summary
Feeling restricted by her office-bound clinical practice, licensed clinical social worker Jen Udler decided to take therapy outdoors. Walking on local nature trails with her clients proved to be the breakthrough Jen was looking for. The calming presence of nature provided a varied backdrop, offering natural metaphors for each client’s experience, while the rhythmic movement cultivated deeper connections between mind and body.
In Walk and Talk Therapy: A Clinician’s Guide to Incorporating Movement and Nature into Your Practice, Jen presents the many benefits of an outdoor psychotherapy practice and provides tools for clinicians to develop their own version, no matter where or with whom they practice.
Inside, you’ll find answers for your questions about how to take your therapy practice outside, including:
– Advice on foundational concerns such as ethics and safety
– Tips to preserve confidentiality in a public setting
– Practical considerations like timing, note taking, and the inherent unpredictability of the great outdoors
Learn how you can harness the unique beauty of each passing season to help your clients discover a healing sense of direction and meaning.