The Rifle 2 By Andrew Biggio
- Narrated by: Shawn Compton
- Series: The Rifle, Book 2
- Length: 9 hrs and 4 mins
- Release date: 09-19-23
The Rifle 2 By Andrew Biggio AudioBook summary
They are called the Greatest Generation, but they were also ordinary men, responding to the call of duty. These are their unforgettable stories—first-person accounts from the last of the soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines who fought the most dreadful war in history, all collected by a veteran of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The idea was simple: travel across the country with a 1945 M1 Garand, the basic U.S. fighting rifle of World War II, ask combat veterans of that war to sign it, and listen carefully as the rifle evoke a flood of memories and emotions. Andrew Biggio once again reveals the astonishing effect his M1 Garand had on the old warriors who held it. In Biggio’s riveting account, you will learn:
– What it was like to fight for freedom in the various theaters of World War II
– The obstacles these world-conquerors faced on returning home and how they overcame them
– The special meaning these recollections hold for later combat vets, confirming the brotherhood of warriors
– The importance to veterans of memory and respect
Biggio’s inspirational second collection is a must-listen for anyone interested in the service and sacrifices of our veterans.