- Narrated by: Christy Gibson MD
- Length: 12 hrs and 15 mins
- Release date: 05-02-23
The Modern Trauma Toolkit By Christy Gibson MD AudioBook Summary
The concept of trauma has become global and The Modern Trauma Toolkit is the book we all need now.
Amid collective trauma, it helps to know that our bodies are built to respond to stress and what we might do to shift those reflexes. Having studied brain-based and body-based approaches to wellbeing, Dr. Christy Gibson teaches listeners how to embrace their innate power and catalyze community wisdom. Drawing on her work with people suffering from stress and societal challenges, Dr. Gibson shares practical and effective mental health advice you can personalize.
In clear and accessible language, The Modern Trauma Toolkit describes new theories in brain biology, such as the polyvagal theory and epigenetics, and explains how you can remodel your brain to achieve post-traumatic growth. While noting how particular communities face inequitable stressors, she empowers listeners to identify and harness their unique and cultural strengths. Dr. Gibson shares over forty activities that can be self-taught and practiced so you can begin your healing journey today, including:
- Iffirmations: Reimagine affirmations to plant seeds of possibility
- The Container: Create your box of shame and leave it behind
- Havening: Discover the body’s three areas that are best suited to self-soothing
- Solutions Studio: Catalyze change at the systems level using design thinking