The Healing Power of African-American Spirituality By Stephanie Rose Bird
- Narrated by: L. Malaika Cooper
- Length: 6 hrs and 40 mins
- Release date: 02-08-22
The Healing Power of African-American Spirituality By Stephanie Rose Bird AudioBook Summary
This is a fabulous resource for anyone who wants to understand African American spirituality, shamanism, and indigenous spiritual practices and beliefs. It is designed to be informative while providing hands-on recipes, rituals, projects, and resources to help you become an active participant in its wonderfully soulful traditions.
Inside you will find: a celebration of healing, magic, and the divination traditions of ancient African earth-based spirituality; an explanation of how these practices have evolved in contemporary African American culture; and a potpourri of recipes, rituals, and resources that you can use to heal your life.
Among the topics covered:
- African spiritual practices of Santeria, Obeah, Lucumi, Orisa, and Quimbois
- Hoodoo – and how to use it to improve your health
- Ancient healing rituals and magical recipes of Daliluw
- Talking drums, spiritual dancing, clapping, tapping, singing, and changing