The Galveston Diet By Mary Claire Haver
- Narrated by: Mary Claire Haver
- Length: 5 hrs and 33 mins
- Release date: 01-10-23
The Galveston Diet By Mary Claire Haver AudioBook Summary
A patient-proven eating and lifestyle program to balance nutrition and sustain weight loss—including more than 40 delicious recipes and 6 weeks of meal plans—tailored to women in midlife.
“I haven’t changed my diet or exercise habits and yet the scale keeps moving in the wrong direction. What’s going on?!”
Time and again, this is the question Dr. Mary Claire Haver’s patients asked. At first, a practicing OB/GYN, she’d dutifully advise what she’d been taught in medical school: eat less and work out more. But that standard advice didn’t solve the problem because back then she—and so many other doctors—hadn’t taken into account the physiological factors affecting women. They tend to store fat, they can have a hard time accessing that stored fat as active fuel, and their hormonal fluctuations in midlife exacerbate the situation.
Then, Dr. Haver found herself in this exact predicament with the added issues of low energy, hot flashes, and brain fog. So she set out to develop a nutrition programthat would meet her own and her patients’ needs once and for all. Now, nearly 100,000 women have found success in Dr. Haver’s unique plan for permanent weight loss and reduced menopausal symptoms by following her three interconnected strategies:
- Fuel Refocus: Starting in their thirties, women need a specific ratio of healthy fats, lean protein, and quality carbohydrates to efficiently burn fat as fuel.
- Intermittent Fasting: 16 hours of fasting with a flexible 8-hour eating window coaxes the body to draw energy from stored fat and decreases inflammation.
- Anti-inflammatory Nutrition: Limit added sugars, processed carbs, chemical additives and preservatives and layer in anti-inflammatory foods like leafy greens, olive oil, berries, nuts, and tomatoes.
With these three principles working together, women can finally lose stubborn weight as well as enjoy newfound energy, better sleep, less brain fog, and fewer hot flashes. Featuring forty delicious recipes, six weeks of easy-to-follow meal plans, shopping lists, and success stories of women who have changed their lives on this plan, The Galveston Diet—named for Dr. Haver’s hometown—will revolutionize the conversation around weight loss for women, with health benefits that last a lifetime.