The Book of Aztecs: Whispers of the Ancients By Cara C. G
- Narrated by: Deidre O’ree
- Length: 3 hrs and 56 mins
- Release date: 11-21-23
The Book of Aztecs: Whispers of the Ancients By Cara C. G AudioBook summary
From human sacrifices to staggering architectural feats, discover the fascinating civilization that still influences our modern daily lives.
How much do you really know about the Aztecs?
Although they sometimes sound like something more out of a storybook than a history textbook, the rituals and practices of the Aztecs helped them establish a massive empire that spanned miles and years.
Understanding past cultures is essential to comprehend where we are going in the future. The traditions and cultures that came before us provide an engaging way to learn about and preserve the past through oral and written traditions.
Cara. C.G understands how fascinating history can be and has compiled compelling information about the Aztecs that helps weave a rich tapestry of cultural achievement.
In this book you will discover:
- 14 of the major gods and goddesses and the fascinating mythology that shaped Aztec culture and religion.
- Beliefs and rituals that reflected the ideals and goals of this ancient culture.
- How the family unit functioned and the cultural constructs that determined how men and women acted across different classes
- A comprehensive view of Aztec society–from economic and political functions to social and family dynamics
- How the Aztecs entertained themselves and used fashion and jewelry to establish a sense of individuality
- The real story behind the famed human sacrifices–and the mystery that remains over the true extent.
- What the Aztecs ate, and how they made the most of the challenging terrain and environmental risks
- From cacao bean to the most famous dessert in the world–discover how Aztecs spread the love and knowledge of chocolate across continents.
Whether you’re looking to deepen your understanding of the ancient world, share newfound knowledge with friends, or just want to discover something new, this is the book for you!