The Body Effect By Dawn Cuckow
- Narrated by: Jessica Brohn
- Length: 4 hrs and 56 mins
- Release date: 10-30-23
The Body Effect By Dawn Cuckow AudioBook summary
Get Rid of Cravings and Reach Your Dream Weight Without Dieting.
What if you got rid of cravings altogether and naturally wanted healthy foods? Imagine not just losing weight, but easily sustaining it; feeling fabulous in your favourite clothes again.
Best-selling author, Dawn Cuckow, presents the eye-opening findings of years of research into weight loss. Based on hundreds of scientific studies and real life clients, combined with her degree in nutritional therapy, she answers the question: What are the secrets to lasting weight loss?
Having previously struggled for many years with disordered eating and bulimia, Dawn has now been completely free from cravings for over quarter of a century. She believes that food is meant to be enjoyed and eating healthily does not mean depriving yourself. In this book, she shares her customisable, step-by-step, anti-diet method that her clients use to reduce and eliminate cravings, reclaim their energy, and create their unique path to lasting weight loss.
Inside, you will discover:
- Why willpower doesn’t work long term (and what does).
- Why it’s not your fault if you struggle to lose weight and how to make it so much easier.
- Quizzes to reveal what’s triggering your cravings, overeating and belly fat.
- How to stop your hormones from blocking your weight loss.
- Why belly fat is a protection and survival mechanism and how to let your body know to release it.
- How to stop your gut bacteria from sabotaging your healthy eating.
- Why you may be extracting additional calories from your food and how to change this.
- Why your appetite regulation system isn’t working and how to realign it so you naturally eat the amount you need.
- Simple strategies to eliminate cravings that you wouldn’t think of. (One takes just a few seconds.)
- Why it’s not just about the calories, and what you really need to shift those stubborn pounds.
- How to target the real reasons behind your unwanted weight gain and finally lose the weight for good.