- Narrated by: Marty Smith, Fred Berman
- Length: 5 hrs and 45 mins
- Release date: 09-26-23
Sideline CEO By Marty Smith AudioBook summary
From ESPN’s authentic, popular, and intrepid correspondent Marty Smith—SIDELINE CEO details key leadership principles Marty has learned from championship coaches he’s interviewed over the past two decades.
SIDELINE CEOdelves into the unique psychology and daily preparation and gameplan execution of some of America’s most respected leaders—the coaches who have led hugely successful programs to win it all. Included among the legends whom Marty interviewed for SIDELINE CEO are: Nick Saban, Mack Brown, Kim Mulkey, Doc Rivers, John Calipari, Tim Corbin, Roy Williams, Tom Izzo, Patty Gasso, Dabo Swinney, Frank Beamer, and many others.
In talking to these sideline CEOs, Marty develops a set of leadership pillars that include:
- Building vital TRUST within the organization.
- Creating open lines of COMMUNICATION.
- DELEGATING responsibility—and thereby empowerment—to your coaches and players.
- Establishing and sustaining the RIGHT CULTURE in your program.
- MANAGING CRISES and adversity.
- EVOLVING with the game, the players and society, and always challenging your team.
Packed with insight, candor and keen storytelling from some of the greatest coaches of all time, SIDELINE CEO offers valuable takeaways that go beyond the game and apply to the boardroom, the classroom, and can help set intentions for winning in our daily lives.