- Narrated by: Emily Beresford
- Length: 8 hrs and 40 mins
- Release date: 10-17-23
Seven Steps to Managing Your Aging Memory (Second Edition) By Andrew E. Budson MD, Maureen K. O’Connor PsyD AudioBook summary
As you age, you may find yourself worrying about your memory. Where did I put those car keys? What time was my appointment? What was her name again? With more than 41 million Americans over the age of 65 in the United States, the question becomes how much (or, perhaps, what type) of memory loss is to be expected as one gets older and what should trigger a visit to the doctor.
Seven Steps to Managing Your Aging Memory addresses these key concerns and more, such as:
– What are the signs that suggest your memory problems are more than just part of normal aging?
– Is it normal to have concerns about your memory?
– What are the markers of mild cognitive impairment, dementia, Alzheimer’s, and other brain diseases?
– How should you talk about your memory concerns to your doctor? What should your doctor do to evaluate your memory?
– Which healthcare professional(s) should you see? What medicines, alternative therapies, diets, and exercises actually work to improve your memory? What other resources are available when dealing with memory loss?