Mayo Clinic Guide to Pain Relief (3rd Edition) By Wesley P. Gilliam, Bruce Sutor M.D.
- Narrated by: Nano Nagle
- Length: 6 hrs and 40 mins
- Release date: 02-06-24
Mayo Clinic Guide to Pain Relief (3rd Edition) By Wesley P. Gilliam, Bruce Sutor M.D. AudioBook summary
Are you tired of living with chronic pain? Do you want to move past it and live a full, meaningful life? Then this comprehensive guide from chronic-pain experts at Mayo Clinic is for you. It explains how pain develops, how it can become chronic, and what you can do to free yourself from chronic pain’s effects. The book is based on the take-charge pain management program at Mayo Clinic’s Pain Rehabilitation Center that has helped thousands of people for over forty years. Inside you’ll find practical, easy-to-understand information to help you regain your function so that you can be more active, productive, and comfortable. This third edition of Mayo Clinic Guide to Pain Relief includes the latest information on pain science and chronic pain management, including the following:
- The brain’s role in the experience of pain
- How behaviors and beliefs affect pain
- How to shift the focus away from pain and toward a focus on living well
- The benefits and risks of medications, injections, and other medical treatments
- The role of pain specialists, pain clinics, and pain rehabilitation programs
- Exercise as a key part of pain management
- Balance and moderation as key habit sustainers
- The power of a positive approach
Use the thoroughly researched, effective, science-based methods contained here to start living better today!