Holding It All Together when You’re Hypermobile By Christie Cox
- Narrated by: Rebecca Winder
- Length: 7 hrs and 16 mins
- Release date: 04-10-23
Holding It All Together when You’re Hypermobile By Christie Cox AudioBook summary
Tired of being told there’s no name or treatment for your illness? That it’s “all in your head”, or that your pain can’t be real because you’re too young/old/pretty/bright/healthy/normal to have a chronic disorder?
What if instead, there was someone who knew what you were going through and could teach you strategies for coping with rare chronic illness?
This is not a false hope. You can turn pain into possibility with this life-changing book that can help everyone with elusive hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (hEDS)–from those newly diagnosed to those who have suffered in silence for decades. Wherever you are on your journey navigating the complexities of chronic illness, you’re not alone.
Christie Cox explores not only the physical effects of hEDS, but its emotional impact as well. As a fellow patient and medical rarity, known to doctors as zebras, she’s experienced her body’s betrayal and suffered through the myriad complications stemming from this disease. But she’s also found a way out from the depths of this life-altering disorder with wisdom you can turn into hope.
As a self-advocacy guide, she offers practical, no-nonsense advice about living with chronic illness and the concrete steps you can take to achieve a new normal. In her book, you’ll discover:
- A healing prescription for the miracle of the modern mindset.
- A look at the latest scientific research on the edge of answers.
- Q&A interviews with expert doctors and advocacy groups.
- Guidance for how to help loved ones better understand hEDS.
- Christie’s own inspiring story of how she came to live her best life.
- Lessons, questions and quotes to inspire your search for answers.
This book gives you the tools and resources you need to get back to living the life you want.