History of Iran By Billy Wellman
- Narrated by: Jay Herbert
- Length: 5 hrs and 49 mins
- Release date: 03-03-23
History of Iran By Billy Wellman AudioBook Summary
Full of exciting events, memorable actors, bloody conflicts, and thriving cultural accomplishments, the history of Iran is a pleasure to dive into for any curious mind.
From the prehistoric ages to the modern Islamic Republic, Iran has always maintained its prevalent position in history as one of the most vibrant, distinct, and diverse countries in the world.
Located in western Asia, sandwiched between the Caspian Sea and the Persian Gulf, the mountainous regions of the Zagros Mountains have long been home to a civilization whose marvelous development throughout history is like no other.
This audiobook seeks to explore the rich history of Iran, all the way from the first Iranian peoples to the creation of the modern nation-state we know today. It analyzes the transformation of the region’s inhabitants from a primitive society to a world superpower to a country centered around strong religious principles and beliefs.
Here’s just a small portion of what you will discover in this audiobook:
- Detailed descriptions of Iran’s demography, culture, and physical and political geographies
- History of the first Iranian civilizations before 1000 BCE
- An in-depth look at the rise and fall of different powerful dynasties in the ancient and early medieval periods
- A journey through the Muslim Arab domination and the emergence of Islam as the prominent faith
- The age of various empires until the early modern times
- The Qajar and Pahlavi monarchies and the birth of the Iranian nation-state
- The triumph of the Islamic Revolution under Ruhollah Khomeini
- And much, much more!