- Narrated by: Chris Guillebeau
- Length: 5 hrs and 23 mins
- Release date: 08-22-23
Gonzo Capitalism By Chris Guillebeau AudioBook summary
Discover “new paths to prosperity you never knew existed” in this “must-read guide to the new economy.” (Ozan Varol, author of Awaken Your Genius
The traditional ways of earning a living are outdated, if not outright rigged. That’s why a growing number of enterprising individuals are instead turning to the growing ecosystem of decentralized, fast-moving virtual markets to pursue a host of previously unheard-of ways to pay the bills.
Join New York Times bestselling author Chris Guillebeau on a fascinating tour of this brave new world where novelty is currency, and the creators are in control. Along the way, you’ll meet a colorful cast of renegades who are driving this money revolution, including:
- A teenager who earned more than $400,000 helping indecisive parents pick the perfect name for their newborn child
- The armchair pundits and pop culture enthusiasts making hundreds of dollars a day betting on everything from local elections to who will be next to be voted off Love Island via online “prediction markets”.
- A broke 29-year-old who bartered her way from a hairpin to a new house—twice—while gaining internet fame in the process.
- The gamers racking up digital currency by breeding virtual crabs in the metaverse.
- A remote worker who collects two six-figure salaries from simultaneously working two different jobs.
Gonzo Capitalism is your field guide to the new rules of money, where any and everything is for sale. In it, you’ll learn how capitalize on today’s technology and platforms to turn your time, talents, and creativity into income—on your own terms.