- Narrated by: Samara Naeymi
- Length: 8 hrs and 37 mins
- Release date: 08-22-23
Desire By Lauren Fogel Mersy, Jennifer A. Vencill AudioBook summary
A radically inclusive, sex-positive guide to managing the inevitable libido differences in our relationships, authored by two certified sex therapists who are passionate about good sex
Desire invites listeners of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, and relationship structures to shed the shame and misinformation that surround the topic of sex and instead learn from 2 certified sex therapists about how libido really works. Desire differences are one of the most common relationship issues, yet, with fewer than 1100 certified sex therapists in the country, it can be difficult to find help. This essential book breaks the mold of the sex self-help genre, which typically focuses only on cisgender women.
Through the authors’ expert guidance listeners will learn about
· embracing a more expansive definition of sex,
· identifying various factors that can impact libido
· managing anxiety around sex (one of the biggest libido killers),
· the structural oppressions—from cisnormativity to heteronormativity to compulsory sexuality to minority stress—that affect our libido,
· and much, much more.