Change Your Diet, Change Your Mind By Dr. Georgia Ede MD
- Narrated by: Dr. Georgia Ede MD
- Length: 14 hrs and 21 mins
- Release date: 01-30-24
Change Your Diet, Change Your Mind By Dr. Georgia Ede MD AudioBook summary
Combine the surprising truth about brain food with the cutting-edge science of brain metabolism to achieve extraordinary emotional, cognitive, and physical health.
Are you struggling with attention problems, mood swings, food obsession, or depression? Whatever the issue, you have far more control over your thoughts, feelings, and behavior than you realize. Although medications may bring some relief, in Change Your Diet, Change Your Mind, Dr. Georgia Ede reveals that the most powerful way to change brain chemistry is with food, because that’s where brain chemicals come from in the first place.
In this provocative, illuminating guide, Dr. Ede explains why nearly everything we think we know about brain-healthy diets is wrong. We’ve been told the way to protect our brains is with superfoods, supplements, and plant-based diets rich in whole grains and legumes, but the science tells a different story: not only do these strategies often fail, but some can even work against us. The truth about brain food is that meat is not dangerous, vegan diets are not healthier, and antioxidants are not the answer.
Change Your Diet, Change Your Mind will empower you to:
- understand how unscientific research methods drive fickle nutrition headlines and illogical dietary guidelines
- weigh the risks and benefits of your favorite foods so you can make your own informed choices about what to eat
- evaluate yourself for signs of insulin resistance—the silent metabolic disease that robs your brain of the energy it needs to thrive
- improve your mental health with a choice of moderate-carbohydrate and ketogenic diets that you can personalize to your food preferences and health goals
Drawing on a wide range of scientific disciplines including biochemistry, neuroscience, and botany, Dr. Ede will ignite your curiosity about the fascinating world of food and its role in nourishing, protecting, and energizing your brain.