- Narrated by: Deepti Gupta
- Length: 8 hrs and 19 mins
- Release date: 12-26-23
Calm Your Mind with Food By Uma Naidoo MD AudioBook summary
A revolutionary full-body approach to relieving anxiety, from bestselling author and nutritional psychiatrist Uma Naidoo, MD
In this groundbreaking guide, Dr. Uma Naidoo presents cutting-edge research about the ways anxiety is rooted in the brain, gut, immune system, and metabolism. Drawing on the latest science on the connection between diet and anxiety, Dr. Naidoo shows us how to effectively use food and nutrition as essential tools for calming the mind.
In Calm Your Mind with Food, you’ll learn:
- How inflammation affects everything from anxiety and depression to Alzheimer’s disease
- How the trillions of bacteria living in your gut are key to controlling anxiety
- The six pillars for calming the mind
- What to eat to balance leptin, a key link between the central nervous system and metabolic processes
- How to incorporate anxiety-busting foods into your diet, from the obscure (ashwagandha) to the ubiquitous (vitamin C)
- The best diets for managing symptoms of anxiety and depression
Along with guidelines for creating your own personal anti-anxiety meal plan and dozens of supernutrient-forward, delicious recipes, Calm Your Mind with Food will help you boost your immunity, reduce anxiety, and enhance your overall mental well-being.