- Narrated by: Gavin Adams, Tom Parks
- Length: 7 hrs and 47 mins
- Release date: 01-16-24
Big Shoes to Fill By Gavin Adams AudioBook summary
Read by the author and Tom Parks
How to step into an inherited leadership role and guide your team through a polished transition process.
Starting something from the ground up is challenging. But how about transitioning into the leadership role of an existing organization? No matter how qualified you are, it can feel like an impossible juggling act to manage expectations without creating unnecessary conflict. Or to build trust and learn from others while implementing changes.
And yet most leaders step into roles they didn’t create. You have to navigate special personal, professional, and organizational needs that take into account the entire team and requires a certain mindset that doesn’t come naturally to many leaders.
Gavin Adams has spent his professional life innovating solutions and implementing strategies for leaders of businesses and ministries. Whether you’re a first-time manager, a CEO, or a church pastor, Big Shoes to Fill will help you more confidently step into a new role and effectively lead your inherited team through that tricky transitional process. You’ll learn how to:
- Reduce the time it takes for you to transition from positional authority to relational influence.
- Understand the tensions and problems associated with stepping into new leadership spaces.
- Create a learning environment focused on teams that expedites trust.
- Guide everyone through the emotional demands of change